Experience GEZE live at BAU Online 2021
BAU, the world’s leading trade fair for architecture, materials and systems, was taking place from 13 to 15 January as an online event – with live talks and presentations, digital discussion forums and a wide-ranging conference programme. We also took part in the digital format of BAU Online, offering plenty of tips and sharing our extensive expertise in live specialist talks and product presentations from our trade fair studio.
BAU Online 2021 from 13 to 15 January
Two live product presentations and three specialist talks every day
Digital one-to-one appointments with our GEZE experts
Real trade fair stand, exclusively constructed in our GEZE trade fair studio for our livestreams and product presentations at BAU Online
Discover our GEZE trade fair studio
A particular highlight of BAU Online were the live broadcasts from our real GEZE trade fair studio. Combining live recordings and digital access, we were not using the online presentation format often used for digital trade fairs. In the studio, our GEZE experts demonstrated new products in front of the camera and presented relevant specialist talks full of tips and practical examples.
Exlore our fair highlights
Take a look into our highlights of the fair. You can find more information about our presented product highlights here on the website by visiting "product highlights".
Meet us at the fair and visit our live broadcast with online presentations about door, window and safety technology.
Discover GEZE solutions and expert knowledge live
We will be presenting multiple live broadcasts from our trade fair studio on current topics and our solutions every day at BAU Online. With just one registration, you can easily take part in all lectures.
Digital admission control – Safely adhering to governmental upper limits for customers in sales premises
Adding the GEZE Counter to automatic doors gets you an admission control system. © GEZE GmbH
Many shop owners are currently faced with the challenge that the number of people per square metre in their premises is limited due to coronavirus protective measures. The GEZE Counter provides an innovative solution for digital admission control.
Register for the expert talk:Find out more about the GEZE Counter
Healthy room climate – efficient exchange of air through natural ventilation
Automatic windows provide comfortable natural ventilation. © Exorbitart / GEZE GmbH
From schools and nurseries to companies and offices, it's all the same: besides distance, hygiene and mouth-nose protection, reliable natural ventilation is more important than ever. Enclosed spaces present an elevated risk of airborne transmission of infectious viral agents. Listen to our tips for enhancing the fresh air supply and a healthy room climate in buildings with minimal effort and little investment.
Register for the expert talk:Discover our GEZE Solutions for natural ventilation (TIF | 66 MB)
Fire protection for doors when renovating – how to adhere to standards when retrofitting and automating
Fire protection doors are important for preventive fire protection.
Fire protection doors play a key role in preventive fire protection. Our GEZE fire protection door experts explain what needs to be observed when retrofitting and automating fire protection doors during renovations, including practical tips on time- and money-saving retrofitting solutions.
Register for the expert talk:Read more about fire protection doors
Planning complicated doors correctly – an interview with the authors of “Leitfaden Türenplanung” (“Door planning guidelines”)
Modern door planning is complicated and must comply with standards. © Jürgen Pollak / GEZE GmbH
Modern doors are subject to increasingly complex demands. It's not always easy to determine ideal door solutions and to consistently implement them in a way that complies with standards, even for an experienced planner. The authors of “Leitfaden Türenplanung” will provide tips on how to plan complicated doors correctly and what needs to be taken into consideration.
Register for the expert talk:More about multifunctional doors
Register for the product presentation live from our trade fair studio:Overview of our highlights
Our highlights at BAU Online 2021
The GEZE Counter admission control system
Automatic sliding door with the GEZE Counter admission control system © GEZE GmbH
The GEZE Counter providers retailers with an automated solution to control the flow of people digitally and to prevent entry if pre-defined limits have been exceeded. Retailers are then able to implement Governmental requirements without the additional cost of security personnel and at the same time allow them to fully concentrate on their business again.
Usage and advantages of the GEZE Counter admission control solution:
- The GEZE Counter ensures that only a certain number of people can enter your premises.
- Using a door as a clear, physical barrier and the optional visual traffic light function for access control saves on staffing costs and makes security personnel superfluous.
- The smart GEZE Counter Connect offers operators numerous additional practical settings and analyses of current capacity in real time and statistics on the flow of visitors.
- It is particularly user friendly, as the maximum number of people can be flexibly changed to the current upper limit, including by smartphone.
Tip: Learn more about this topic in our specialist talk “Digital access control – Safely adhering to governmental upper limits for customers in sales premises (DE + EN)”LEARN MORE ABOUT ADMISSION CONTROL
Automatic hermetically sealing GEZE MCRdrive sliding door system
MCRdrive door for maximum design flexibility due to modular construction © GEZE GmbH
With the MCRdrive door GEZE offers a complete hermetically sealing door system that comply with standards for rooms with special functions (such as operating rooms, cleanrooms etc.).
Advantages of the GEZE MCRdrive sliding door system:
- All-round seal reduces the air permeability of the closed sliding door system
- Maximum design flexibility due to modular construction
- Premium hermetic solution: Air permeability in accordance with EN 12207
- Noise insulation in accordance with DIN EN 4109
- All-in-one solution from GEZE, a complete system provider
PECdrive automated sliding door system
Resistant drive for automating sliding doors in damp or corrosive environments. © GEZE GmbH
With the PECdrive GEZE offers a resistant drive for automating sliding doors in damp or corrosive environments, with IP65 protection and increased corrosion protection.
Advantages of the PECdrive sliding door system:
- Stable solution for exterior doors that need to function reliably in harsh environmental conditions (damp, salt, dust, cleaning agents, chlorine etc.)
- Seaworthy: IP65 protected components and increased corrosion protection for the entire system
- Moisture-resistant, ideal for use in swimming pools and wellness areas
- Modular construction and connection solution (plug & play) for efficient commissioning, maintenance and repair
- Simplified installation due to box-in-box architecture
- Open interfaces to third-party systems
- Tailored production as per customer's wishes with regard to size, colour and configuration
ECdrive T2 sliding door system
Appealing design and maximum functionality: ECdrive T2 sliding door system.
The latest generation of the tried and tested ECdrive sliding door solution has additional benefits, especially for very large and wide doors. The optional double roller carriage allows the maximum leaf weight to increase to up to 140 kg. This has allowed the leaf area to increase in size by almost 20 per cent and is incredibly eye-catching, for example in shop fronts. An reinforced track at the same time improves movement across the track.
Advantages of the ECdrive T2 sliding door system:
- Slim cover height of 100 mm
- Reinforced track for improved movement across the track
- Combinable with a slim-framed, thermally separated GCprofile Therm and thermally separated fanlight
- Increased leaf load carrying capacity up to 140 kg in combination with the thermally separated profile
- Certified in accordance with standards: Guidelines on automatic sliding doors in escape and rescue routes (AutSchR), DIN 18650-1/2 and DIN EN 16005
- Can be flexibly integrated with interface module IO 420 in BACnet networking solutions with GEZE Cockpit
- New service interface for simple maintenance
GC 342 laser scanner
Compact, space-saving design: GC 342 laser scanner kit. © GEZE GmbH
The GC 342 is a reliable laser scanner for the protection of automated swing doors with integrated object and wall blanking. Suitable for internal and external use with wide doors with leaf widths of up to 1600 mm. Even difficult ground conditions such as reflective floors, cleaning mats and metal rails are not a problem. Doors with continuous vertical push-bars can also be used with the GC 342 laser scanner.
Advantages of the GC 342 laser scanner:
- Compact, space-saving, clearly designed safety sensor
- Close-knit detection area secures leaf widths of up to max. 1600 mm
- Integrated object and wall blanking near maximum door opening
- Safety sensor area in the main closing edge extends automatically depending on the hinge
- Automated teach-in of the system at the touch of a button
- All settings can be conveniently made by DIP switch
F 1200+ automated turn-tilt fitting
Natural ventilation with automated windows provides an efficient exchange of air. © Exorbitart / GEZE GmbH
The new F 1200+ drive allows for large windows to be comfortably opened and locked in a manner that is easier, faster and safer to operate. The F 1200+ has a very powerful motor which can turn and tilt even heavy window elements of up to 200 kg of leaf weight and is extraordinarily quiet when doing so.
Advantages of the F 1200+ window drive:
- 3-in-1 function: Opening, locking and operating function combined in one drive
- Powerful motor for elements up to 3.5 m and 200 kg
- Intuitive to operate even for untrained users (for example in office and administrative buildings, hotels and educational institutes) thanks to user feedback
- Capacitive operating unit with integrated proximity sensor makes it easy and safe to use
- Simple commissioning and retrofitting
- Safeguarded against incorrect operation: Unable to be operated incorrectly
- User authorisation: If required the turning position can only be used by authorised users
Tip: Learn more about this topic in our specialist talk “Healthy room climate – efficient exchange of air through natural ventilation”.
Slimchain 24 V chain drive
The Slimchain chain drive with impressive slim design. © GEZE GmbH
The Slimchain chain drive blends subtly into the façade with its slim, compact design. It also offers numerous applications:
Inward and outward opening windows with bottom-hung, top-hung and side-hung leaves are possible, as are top-hung outwardly projecting windows and parallel-opening vent windows. It can also be used in fresh air and exhaust air systems, smoke and heat extraction systems and in intelligent façades. There's nothing standing in the way of comfortable, natural ventilation: in schools, offices or gyms, or in your own four walls.
Advantages of the Slimchain 24 V window drive:
- Can be integrated perfectly into the façade design thanks to its slim and discreet look
- Individually adjustable drive stroke and speeds for ventilation and smoke & heat extraction
- Available as special version: Stroke, cable length, colour and alignment configurable to DIN left-hand/right-hand door
- Synchronisation of up to four drives without external control unit
- DIP switches for changing the mode of operation (Solo and Syncro, master, slave)
- Quick and easy to install thanks to the GEZE Smart Fix installation system
- IQ windowdrive for intelligent drive control
- Compatible with IQ box KNX and IQ box Safety interface modules
- Certified as a natural smoke and heat extraction system in accordance with EN 12101-2
Tip: Learn more about this topic in our specialist talk “Healthy room climate – efficient exchange of air through natural ventilation”.TO THE SLIMCHAIN 24 V
IQ box KNX interface module
Uncomplicated retrofitting: IQ box KNX interface module. © GEZE GmbH
The interface module enables the activation and feedback of the Slimchain, Powerchain and E 250 NT window drives via the KNX bus system. This enables buildings to be monitored with greater efficiency through reliable status reports. Integrated button interfaces enable the connection to additional components such as push buttons and sensors. This allows for easy automation of natural ventilation in façades and ceilings.
Advantages of the IQ box KNX interface module:
- One IQ box KNX per window cross-links up to four window drives and two locking drives
- All drives from the IQ windowdrive series can be combined and integrated depending on how far advanced planning is
- Status reports possible for all automated windows
- Easy to retrofit and extendable if required
- Suitable for top hat rail or flush-mounted installation
Tip: Learn more about this topic in our specialist talk “Healthy room climate – efficient exchange of air through natural ventilation”.TO THE IQ BOX KNX
IQ box Safety
TÜV certified solution for the highest level of safety: IQ box Safety © GEZE GmbH
IQ box Safety is a new product in the field of window technology. Certified by TÜV (a German technical service organisation), IQ box Safety offers the highest level of safety for power-operated windows up to protection class 4. IQ box Safety is suitable for protecting closing edges on automatic windows with IQ windowdrive 24 V drives and enables switching strips and contactless sensors to be connected. Each window connects one IQ box Safety to up to four window drives and two locking drives. It is suitable for natural ventilation and smoke & heat extraction systems, as well as for all activations (such as control panels for smoke & heat extraction systems, 24 V power supplies, KNX, IQ gear). This therefore allows planners and architects greater flexibility and creative freedom in the layout of ventilation windows and smoke & heat extraction windows.
Advantages of IQ box Safety:
- Fulfils the requirements of the highest protection class in accordance with risk assessment for power-operated windows under the Machinery Directive (Protection class 4)
- TÜV certified functional safety in accordance with DIN EN 13849-1
- Four sensor connections that can be assigned to switch strips or non-contact sensors
- Top hat rail housing with pluggable terminals for quick and simple wiring
- Integrated push button for manually closing windows during servicing
- Top hat rail module with pluggable terminals for quick and simple wiring
- Parameters can be adjusted using GEZE service terminal ST 220
RSZ 7 smoke switch control unit with telescopic function
Security solutions for awkward lintel situations: RSZ 7 smoke switch control unit with telescopic function. © GEZE GmbH
The new RSZ 7 smoke switch control unit has a new telescopic function and therefore is a safe solution for awkward lintel situations, for example where there is little room left over the smoke chamber. The smoke detector is extendable and can bridge overhangs of around 30 millimetres. The smoke switch control unit is connected to the 230 volt electricity grid via the integrated power supply and ensures the connected GEZE hold-open device is reliably provided with 24 volt direct current.
Advantages of the RSZ 7 smoke switch control unit
- Extendable smoke switch control unit for all GEZE hold-open devices
- Telescopic function to bridge overhangs of up to 30 mm
- Automatic alarm threshold adaptation including contamination indicator
- Visual display of the current status of the RSZ 7
- Extendable with additional smoke switches
Tip: Learn more about this topic in our specialist talk “Fire protection for doors when renovating – how to adhere to standards when retrofitting and automating”.To the RSZ 7
FA GC 170 wireless extension for hold-open systems
To learn just how easy it is to install and set up the FA GC 170, check out our video.
The GEZE wireless extension FA GC 170 connects ceiling-mounted detectors and manual trigger switches wirelessly to the lintel-mounted detector of GEZE hold-open systems. There is therefore no need to lay separate cables. This makes planning easier, especially also in listed buildings of historical interest and when retrofitting hold-open systems during renovations. The system is tested in accordance with DIN EN 54-25, the European standard for fire alarm systems.
Advantages of the FA GC 170 wireless extension:
- Wireless connection of ceiling-mounted detectors and manual trigger switches to lintel-mounted detectors
- Optimised for all GEZE hold-open systems
- Simple planning and uncomplicated retrofitting
- Quick and easy connection with DIP switches
- Low servicing costs due to long battery life of 5 years
- Tested in accordance with DIN EN 54-25, the European standard for fire alarm systems
TS 5000 ECline door closer
Accessible single leaf doors up to a leaf width of 1250 mm: TS 5000 ECline guide rail door closers. © GEZE GmbH
Accessibility as standard is being pushed more and more at cross-border level. One central standard that defines accessible building in Germany is DIN 18040. If door closers are required, they must be configured so that the opening torque does not exceed size 3 as per DIN EN 1154 (max. 47 Nm). The TS 5000 ECline guide rail door closer fulfils standard DIN 18040 for accessible building up to closing force 5 by falling below the maximum opening torque requirement of 47 Nm. This means that single and double leaf doors up to leaf widths of 1250 mm can be used with full accessibility in accordance with DIN 18040.
Advantages of the TS 5000 ECline door closer:
- Left and right single-action doors up to leaf widths of 1250 mm are accessible in accordance with DIN 18040
- Opening torque can be greatly reduced as recommended by DIN SPEC 1104
- Efficiency of the door closer is over 80%
- Consistent GEZE design of door closers and guide rails
- Easy installation
- Easy to replace as the installation position corresponds with that of the TS 5000 standard closer body
- No additional components necessary, therefore no increased installation expenses
- All the convenient features of the classic TS 5000 series
- All functions can be adjusted from the front
- Including visual closing force indicator
Tip: Learn more about this topic in our specialist talk “Fire protection for doors when renovating – how to adhere to standards when retrofitting and automating”.To the TS 5000 ECline
GEZE INAC access control system
The GEZE INAC access control system can be integrated into the GEZE Cockpit building automation system. © Oliver Kern Fotografie / GEZE GmbH
Our new GEZE INAC is a smart access control system as a stand-alone solution or integrated into GEZE Cockpit to supplement building automation. The browser-based application requires no additional server or PC hardware. It offers a modern and intuitively usable interface which ensures parameter setting is easy and saves time. GEZE INAC is also scalable in administering staff master records. The maximum number of administrable staff master records can be extended from 60 (basic licence) to 500 or 1000 with different licences. The user only pays for the service they want to use.
Advantages of the GEZE INAC access control system:
- Control up to 120 access points (readers)
- Browser-based application with modern and intuitive user interface
- Administer up to 60 (basic version), 500 or 1000 staff master records
- Access authorisation is granted via contactlessly readable transponders and if required by personal PIN
- Suitable for internal and external use
- Can be integrated into the GEZE Cockpit building automation system
GCER 300 access management system
Stand-alone solution for up to two doors: GCER 300. © GEZE GmbH
The new GCER 300 offers a simplified access management system. Combined with one or two readers, the GCER 300 I/O Box is a simple stand-alone solution for up to two doors. The GCER 300 Light is ideal for managing one single interior door. The door is activated via a relay directly from the reader, which means an external control unit is not required and wiring is significantly easier. It is easy to assign and manage authorisations via the associated master card and the PIN pad on the reader. This will allow up to 200 users to be managed. Access is granted either with an ID card or via a personal PIN.
Advantages of the GCER 300:
- Control and monitoring of up to two doors
- Up to 200 access permissions via contactlessly readable transponders or personal PIN
- User-defined functions such as short-term permission or permanent permission (only with the GCER 300 I/O Box)
- Allowing and deleting individual transponders or PINs via master cards
- Suitable for internal and external use (GCER 300 Light only for internal use)
Download of product brochures
Would you like to know more about our product range? Download the most important brochures and information from the GEZE world here, sorted by product category for you: